I’m Japanese. I turned 37 years old this past July.
I have always been interested in different countries and cultures. So I traveled many countries as a backpacker (Nepal, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Korea, Iceland).
I wanted to make foreign friends while traveling and I met my wife-Sarah online about 4 1/2 years ago.
My wife is American. We have been married for about 3 1/2 years. And of course even now I love her like we are newlyweds.
After we lived in Japan for 3 1/2 years, we moved to my wife's home town -Beaver, PA- on 31 May from Japan.
Why did we move to USA?
Because first reason is that my dream is to run a Bed & Breakfast or Guest House for travelers in USA someday. If you were a backpacker, you often might hear something like my dream from many backpackers or travelers.
Second reason is that my wife became Type 1 diabetes last year and I thought that she would have better treatment in USA.
Third reason is that sometimes I felt discomfort or strangeness since I was about 18 years old in Japanese society. I am afraid that I cannot describe this feeling very well.
Maybe it is the strongest reason that I continued to travel to foreign countries and moved to USA.
Anyway, I moved to my wife’s family’s house. I appreciate that her father and mother take care of us and my wife agrees with our choice. At the same time, I feel guilty that I don’t have a job and stay at their house.
I am poor at English, poor connection and poor career in USA but I want to do my best to contribute to USA society and especially Beaver society.
Now my wife and I are looking for a couple’s job, – housekeeping, cleaning etc. - in Beaver.
The aim of my blog is for recording my feelings in Beaver and improving my English skill.
So, most people must feel bored reading my blog.
Anyway, let’s get started.
No comments:
Post a Comment